As we are a small growing cyber security company servicing customers globally, we have learned a thing or two about working virtually and the tools that make this easier and safer. Here are some of the software tools we use.
- Basecamp. For managing projects, keeps us all on the same page. Use a browser or your mobile device allows you stay connected to project develop even when on the road. No, we do not keep any customer data on this site. If we need to provide secure content we use S/MIME or encrypt files and post them in secure containers.
- Kapersky AV and Anti-Malware. Just get it and use it on your laptop and mobile device even on a Mac we have seen some “interesting” things.
- iVPN. We don’t trust hotel and public WiFi and neither should you. Get a VPN service for these occasions. It will save your A$$.
- Protect your files in an encrypted files and folder with OpenPGP. Install it to protect those critical project and personal files including emails. We would also recommend this if you are using cloud storage providers such as Drop Box. Don’t trust others with your data.
- Alfred the ultimate app launcher. We have started using this after it was mentioned at the local CocoaHeads meeting…..how did we live without it?
- Reflector. This app lets you share what is on your mobile with either your customers or other members of your development team. Great utility when you are giving remote demos during a webinar.
Hope you find them helpful.